To all my WineShop at Home consultants and reps for other direct sales companies, I have an important message to share so please read carefully: you don’t understand how great a free trip is until you’ve taken it.
Sure, in theory, you think, “Oh yeah, cool, I won’t have to pay for it, sounds fun…” I get that, because I’ve been there – before my first WineShop at Home trip that was basically my thought process.
I thought, “a free trip is cool, but you know, whatever.”
And then I actually went on a WineShop at Home incentive trip.
And it blew. My. Mind.
Why the WineShop at Home Incentive Trips are Amazing
Think back on the last vacation you took (and honestly, many of us haven’t taken a vacay in a loooooong time). Where did you go? Hawaii? Orlando? Maybe you’re very cosmopolitan and went to New York, London or Paris?
Well, even though you probably really enjoyed the trip, weren’t you also thinking about money the whole time? As in, “Oh man, I love this beautiful sunset – yikes, that was an expensive dinner…”
When you go on a WineShop at Home incentive trip you get to stay at a luxurious resort, and we’re talking lux-ur-y to the max. You get to kick back and not worry about money, ever (unless you choose to go shopping or spend extra on one of the super fun activities available).
WineShop plans special consultant receptions, wine tastings and dinners and… sigh… it really is amazing.
Earn Your Incentive Trip, Baby!
Okay, let’s get down to brass tacks. I know that you can listen to me wax poetic about these free trips all day long and still think, “Dang, Diane, the trips are way too hard to actually earn, so stop bragging!”
First of all, okay sure, maybe I’m bragging a little bit. But the ONLY reason I would EVER feel comfortable publicly bragging about this experience is because I know that it is 100% attainable for even the newest consultants.
Think of it this way: most people say that they’re going to do something life-changing, like lose weight, break unhelpful habits, get more sleep, etc. etc., but they don’t actually take action on those goals. They just don’t realize that if they took one action step every day toward meeting the goals, after 30 days, they would be much, much closer to living the life they dream of.
The same is true for earning a WineShop at Home incentive trip.
How to Earn Your Trip
Truth: In our company, the trips are legitimately achievable by all ranks, even the newest, greenest beginners.
Truth: If you follow the business plan that WineShop at Home has outlined, you will be successful and could very likely earn the trip.
Truth: You will never in a million years regret the extra push it takes to get your butt onto that airplane. You’ll make more money, you’ll expand your network, and you’ll have a life-changing experience.
So, how can you get started on earning your trip? For starters, put these five relatively easy to-do tasks on your list for this week:
- Schedule a call with your team leader. Tell him or her that you want to earn the incentive trip and map out a plan for doing just that. Trust me, having a plan is key. Then, keep them posted on your progress. DON’T BE SHY! Let us know how you are pushing yourself. Trust me, when I put in an extra workout, skip out on wine or eat extra clean, my trainer hears about it!
- Call your past customers. Don’t be shy! Pick up the phone and give them a buzz! Tell them that your goal is to earn the trip and ask them if they’d like to re-order, book a tasting or join the wine club.
- Pursue new tasting events. There are always untapped opportunities to schedule more tastings. When all else fails, schedule your own at your home EVERY MONTH! Do what it takes to get something on the books.
- Buy your own wine. Yep, this counts toward earning a trip. When you need wine, buy from yourself and enjoy the commission you’ll earn back.
- Never underestimate the power of Wine Club. Residual income? Check. Low maintenance? Check. Counts toward earning your trip? Check. Seems like a no-brainer to me! In fact, wine club is one of the BEST ways to earn points. Well, that and recruiting of course!
Look, when it really comes down to it, these trips are actually a very important part of our company culture. Yes, they’re fun, but they’re also a way for you to escape from the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life so you can catch your breath and bond with the WineShop community.
Do it for the health of your business, the prosperity of your family, and for your own precious sanity. You will NOT regret it in the least.
Would you like to find out if WineShop at Home is the right company for you? Click HERE to connect with me directly.